The following links to Douglas County Building Codes may be useful to those considering adding to or changing their property. Examples would include garages, barns, swimming pools, and so forth.
On Nov. 12, 2019, the Douglas County Board of County Commissioners adopted amendments to the Douglas County Building Codes effective Jan. 1, 2020.
- 2018 International Building Code (Exhibit A)
- 2018 International Residential Code (Exhibit A)
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (Exhibit A)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (Exhibit A)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (Exhibit A)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (Exhibit A)
- Wildfire Mitigation Standards (Exhibit B)
- Standards for Water Supplies for Rural Fire Fighting (Exhibit C)
- Installation Standards for Potable Water Storage Tanks and Cisterns for Domestic Use is – 22-98 (Exhibit D)
- 2018 IBC Appendix O – Solar Photovoltaic Power Systems Access, Pathways and Spacing Requirements (Exhibit E)
- Reference 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (Exhibit F)
This is a link to the 2018 Residential Code document.
NOTE: The WordPress software (used to build our site) creates these ‘visual links’.
To read the full article you must click the Bold Title or the … Continue reading link in light gray.
The link at the bottom ‘Douglas County Government’ just takes you to the DC Home page.
Adopted Building Codes
2012 International Residential Code (See Adopted Building Codes above.)
Apply for Permits