What is the High Prairie Farms Homeowners’ Association ?

The High Prairie Farms Homeowners’ Association acts as a representative of High Prairie Farms in dealing with outside governmental agencies by giving input regarding new developments around High Prairie Farms, open space and roadways. Please feel free to contact your HOA with any questions about your community. We need the support of every resident to preserve and protect the amenities of this beautiful and unique development.

How is this HOA defined?

It is only the 73 residences on Saddle Creek Trail, Singletree Lane, Brookview Court, Colorow Court and Hackney Court.

What does my membership pay for?

  • Trash and Recycling curbside pickup.
  • Annual Tree Spraying for Mountain Pine and IPS Beetle infestations.
  • Periodic Mail box replacement. (Not for damage or vandalism, but when we feel an upgrade to all mailboxes is warranted. Homeowners vote on items such as this. If you need repairs to a damaged mailbox please CLICK HERE.)
  • Property Management, including financial and other record keeping.
  • Website expenses.

What day is trash picked up?

Thursdays every week. The rule is “Out by 7 AM”, but they haven’t come before 10:30 AM in 7 years [as of 8/2017].
On weeks with major Holidays pickup is on Friday — New Year’s, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Mowing of Lots

Homeowners are required at all times to maintain their individual lots in a “first class condition”. Each lot must be mowed a minimum of two times annually; the first mowing must occur prior to July 4th, and the second mowing must occur by September 15th.

What is the High Prairie Farms Architectural Control Committee (the ACC)?

The High Prairie Farms Architectural Control Committee reviews and approves new building, landscaping and exterior remodeling (such as painting, decks, fences and replacement roofs) of homes in High Prairie Farms to ensure compliance with High Prairie Farms Protective Covenants.

What are the Protective Covenants?

The intention of the Covenants is to protect our scenic environment and maintain the value of our homes. You will have received a copy of the Covenants for your filing at closing. If not, you can log into our website and download a copy under Association Docs » ACC & Covenants. If you are a realtor needing Community Documents for a closing or prospective buyer info, please fill out the Documents for Realtors request form under the ABOUT menu.

What are the Architectural Standards?

The Protective Covenants for “High Prairie Farms” charge High Prairie Farms Architectural Control Committee with the duty of insuring that exterior alterations to the homes in High Prairie Farms conform to a standard of quality workmanship, quality materials and a harmony of design within the community. The Committee has developed the Architectural Standards to guide its decision making process and to assist homeowners planning alterations to their homes.

I live in High Prairie Farms. Why do I have to comply with the covenants?

Covenants are filed with Douglas County in conjunction with all High Prairie Farms properties and therefore are essentially a deed restriction. Purchasing a property within High Prairie Farms represents your agreement to abide by our covenants. They are the ‘rules’ that govern changes and in some instances exterior activity at your residence; e.g., parking, barking dogs, etc. Covenants require approval of most exterior changes to your property by the Architectural Control Committee before they are made. The intent of covenants is to ensure that property values and quality of life in High Prairie Farms remain desirable and appropriate to the caliber of homes in the neighborhood.

Reporting Covenants Violations

You can report covenant violations to our Property Management Company. Standard procedure is for the Property Manager to verify the violation and then notify the resident of the violation and possibly provide information on appropriate action to take. The person reporting the violation is kept confidential. However, there are some cases where that is not possible such as a property line infringement. There is also an official “Complaint Form” under under Association Docs » ACC & Covenants » Covenant Violations.

Where can I find out more about Bingham Lake and the Parks around High Prairie Farms?

Bingham Lake is privately owned and is leased by the Pinery Water & Wastewater District (PW&WD) to the Pinery Homeowners Association (PHA). The PHA Lake Committee sets the rules for the Lake’s use and patrols the lake. The Douglas County Parkland surrounding the water is open to the public for hiking, biking and picnicking under Douglas County Parks rules during its posted hours.

For more information see;

Parks & Lakes


Who does the snow removal for High Prairie Farms?

Plowing of streets in High Prairie Farms is done by Douglas County Public Works.  For detailed information on the policy which guides their priority for snow removal, please see the following: Douglas County, Colorado Snow Removal

Can I join the Pinery & Pradera Country Club through the HOA?

You can inquire about the Pinery Country Club by calling 303-841-2060. The HOA currently has no “deals” with the Pinery. The Pinery does offer a Summit membership which allows you access to both The Pinery and Pradera.

Do I need a lake permit?

You no longer need a lake permit – see Parks & Lake.

What about “door to door” sales in High Prairie Farms?

The covenants do not allow any door-to-door solicitation, but sales persons won’t know that. Here’s the law: Any door-to-door salesperson doing business in Douglas County is required by Ordinance to register with Douglas County and should display on his or her person an individual or business solicitor registration card issued pursuant to this ordinance. Schools and non-profit organizations are exempted from the ordinance. Any salesperson not displaying such registration is in violation of the law and subject to citation by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department. Call the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department at 303-660-7500 to report violations.

For more information on the ordinance, see www.douglas.co.us

How do we report the location of potholes in streets and roadways?

In the aftermath of winter snow storms, Douglas County residents can expect to see the development of potholes in streets and roadways. Moisture combined with freezing and thawing will create cracks in the asphalt where moisture can penetrate beneath the pavement, and may create a pothole. Although Douglas County Road and Bridge staff are patrolling streets looking for potholes, citizen assistance with pothole notification would help road and bridge crews address the damage quicker. Please report the location of any potholes by intersection or address 303.660.7480 or use ExpressConnect.